May 31, 2010
Ahhhhh. These wonderful, warm weather days, replete with plentiful sunshine, have most of us thinking of summer. OK, maybe you hardcore hockey players are still stuck in a winter groove, but me, I’m all about the summer sun. So with the temperature rising and school days winding down, please allow me to stoke your warm weather imagination. And oh by the way, I’ll throw in a little reminder as well.
- Have a great time at the beach this summer . . . but don’t forget to pray.
- Savor those barbeque burgers . . . but offer a little blessing before you eat them.
- Bike to your heart’s content . . . but maybe thank God for his creation as you do it.
- Soak up some rays . . . but soak up some scripture as well.
- Take a nap on the hammock . . . but only after you’ve rested in Christ.
- Hike a mountain trail . . . but remember to say a rosary as you go.
- Meet the BFF for lunch . . . but meet her for Mass before you dine.
- Read that novel you’ve been waiting to read . . . but read some saint stuff too.
- Travel with the family . . . but take God along for the trip.
- Brave the latest rollercoaster . . . but find your real courage in the Lord.
- Do a little fishing . . . but more importantly be a fisher of men.
- Gaze at the summer stars . . . but gaze into the eyes of Jesus too.
- Throw lawn darts with grandpa . . . but also lift him up to the Father in heaven.
- Scream for some ice cream . . . but taste of God’s goodness as well.
- Give the dog a bath . . . but cleanse yourself with the sacrament of penance.
- Grow tomato plants in the garden . . . but grow virtue in your heart.
- Take in a ball game . . . but hit a home run for the poor.
- Sit and do absolutely nothing . . . but know that you are never alone.
Summer, you gotta love it!
Be assured of my prayers,